Sunday, September 19, 2010

Photo of the Week

This morning I woke up fairly early for a Sunday. Since I couldn't get back to sleep, I headed downstairs for some breakfast of razzleberry pie and pulled out the latest issue of National Geographic.

Let me tell you what: nothing will give you a zest for life like reading National Geographic. It tempts you to quit everything you're doing in your life and travel the world to experience all its wonders.

One day I may just do exactly that.

As I flipped through the pages, engrossed by photographs that had me drooling, I came up with a great idea:

I will now be featuring
'Photograph of the Week'


Any of you are strongly encouraged to send in any photos you deem worthy. Photos will be posted each Sunday.

At the end of each month, I'll be giving away a prize to the most popular photograph.

You can start submitting NOW!
The first reader-submitted photo will be posted October 3!


SEND ENTRIES TO: mallorykerwin@gmail.com


Good luck!
******************************************************************

October's Prize
A super cute and funky camera strap from 'Made by Meegz'

Camera Strap 1
Camera Strap 2


******************************************************************


Photo of the Week
Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jane Goodall & Chimp

This photo comes from National Geographic's article "Being Jane Goodall".

It was taken in the wild. No zoo. No reservation. Just one purely wild chimpanzee. Researcher Jane Goodall coaxed the chimp to her with a steady supply of bananas. Eventually, the animal lost its fear of humans and after some time, even allowed her to start grooming him.

The thing that really does it for me is how the picture presents the rare and delicate trust shared between two unlikely friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment